- Job Detail
Provides for instruction of students by developing, selecting, and modifying instructional plans and materials and presenting them using instructional techniques which meet the needs of all students. Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of students. Supervises students in a variety of school-related settings and activities. Bilingual and biliterate in targeted language may be required depending on assignment. Virtual experience may be required based on assignment.
This posting creates a pool of candidates for future positions that may become available.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field of education from a regionally accredited college or university.
- If assigned to bilingual program, candidates are required to be bilingual and biliterate in targeted language. Otherwise, bilingual and biliterate in target language preferred.
- If assigned to Virtual Academy, one (1) year of experience with virtual learning technology, remote instruction platforms, Learning Management Systems, and video conferencing tools is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of current trends, research in field of specialization and methodology in the field of special education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of special education regulations (Federal and State) and current trends/research in the field for accelerated achievement of students with disabilities.
- Ability to use technology, (laptops, desktops, specialized assessment and data analysis software).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse communities and develop outreach strategies to encourage parental involvement in student learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively engage diverse parents/ guardians with varied communication styles, levels of skill and experience to support their child’s education experience.
- Ability to employ a variety of teaching styles to respond to the needs of diverse learners.
- Familiarity or experience with electronic leave reporting/substitute requesting systems, electronic grade reporting/gradebook, electronic teacher/parent communication tools, and ability to use instructional technology hardware and software.
- Ability to travel to/from Maryland Sites as necessary at the expense of the employee is required for in-person appearances at various intervals throughout the duration of the school year.
- Demonstrated proficiency with business technology applications (e.g. Video/Web Conferencing, Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, and/or PowerPoint preferred).
- Hold or be eligible for a Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) teaching certificate in Special Education
Career Ladder Requirements
- As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.